Full Service Tax Prep: Annual household income below $56,000
Schedule yourself online now or call 734-677-7235 to schedule an appointment.
Appointments are available from February 1-April 4. Appointments will be available at the following locations & times:
*Many Appointments Available, March 7!* Show Me the Money Day, 300 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti (downtown): Saturday, March 7. There will be financial education workshops, resources, child care, PRIZES and FUN! Schedule your tax appointment and join us at this event on March 7!
United Way Office, 2305 Platt Rd, Ann Arbor: Most Tuesday & Thursday evenings, Saturdays during the day
EMU College of Business, 300 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti (downtown): Most Saturdays during the day
Please note: Our tax preparation services for 2017 or 2018 tax returns are now on hold through spring 2020, while we priortize our work for the 2019 filing year. We will not have appointments available for 2017 or 2018 tax returns until after the 2019 tax season wraps up, in May 2020. Check back in March to schedule an appointment in May 2020 for these tax years.
**Every effort will be made to make the clinic closure determination during business hours before the clinic opens in order to allow time to alert clients in a timely manner.
Scan and Go: In a rush or don't want to wait while your taxes are prepared? Consider Scan and Go Tax Prep!
- This service requires TWO appointments - (1) drop off and scan tax documents into the secure database and (2) signing the return after it is prepared. You must still bring all relative tax documentation to the appointment.
- Depending on the partner site and volunteer capacity, we make every effort to have returns completed within TWO weeks.
Complete simple tax returns yourself using our FREE* website powered by H&R Block (No Appointment, Accessible Anywhere, Phone Support Available). Click below for MyFreeTaxes.com.
Want to file yourself but might have questions? You can work on your tax return in our United Way Office ( 2305 Platt Rd, Ann Arbor) and we will be here to answer your questions. Tax assistance is on most Tuesday & Thursday evenings and Saturdays during the day.
*See website for full details. Simple federal and state returns are free. Fees apply for some returns, $24.99 and up.
Other Tax Providers: Various income limits
Click here to see other free tax services available in Washtenaw County and neighboring areas.
How do you know if you are eligible for our services?
- Was your household annual income under $56,000?
- Have you recieved the necessary tax documents needed to complete a return (e.g. W-2s, 1099-Rs, SSA-1099, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, etc.)?
- Are you able to provide photo identification and a federal document with SSN visible (preferably social security cards)?
If you have answered "yes" to each of these questions, then you are eligible for our services.