United Way of Washtenaw County - COVID-19 Community Relief Fund has Transitioned to Phase II
Thank you to all of our corporate partners and donors. Because of you we were able to reach our million dollar goal for the COVID-19 Relief Fund . The quick response from the community made it possible for United Way to be at the forefront for the needs of Washtenaw County.
Total Recovery Funds Distributed: $90,000
Purpose: UWWC has established the COVID-19 Community Recovery Fund to provide ongoing support to COVID-19 recovery efforts of local human service nonprofits, community groups and United Way of Washtenaw County. Our goal? Help providers return their operations to “steady state” and ensure continued support to populations most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding Priorities: In keeping with UWWC’s vision and mission, we will continue to prioritize organizations and groups:
- Whose primary program participants or services are offered in 48197/98 and rural Washtenaw County
In addition to the above, the recovery fund is supporting organizations and groups:
- Basic Needs: meeting the critical and emergent needs of populations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Nonprofit Staff Supports: meeting the emergent needs of essential workers employed by local nonprofits
- Financial Stability for Individuals: supporting individuals who have experienced a loss in income and/or employment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic through financial navigation and workforce supports
- K-12 Education Supports: ensuring continuity of community supports and services to children and youth