During the Community Townhall, United Way of Washtenaw County Staff shared links to community resources. Many of those who attended wanted us to share these resources to continue the conversation. Please share these with your friends, neighbors, and family members. We all deserve to live in a community that is #UnitedForEquity.
Missed the Community Townhall? Click this link to watch it again.
- Want to see where your dollars have been at work? Follow this link for impact reports by each grant program.
- Do what you love. For others. Sign up to volunteer at a local organization by visiting volunteerwashtenaw.org.
- Take the 21-Day Equity Challenge anytime on your own. Follow this link to access the catalog by day.
- Want to learn more about local organizations engaged in dismantling racist systems? Follow this link for a directory of local organizations that are engaged in anti-racism work. Contact them directly to lend your time and talent to their missions.
- Build your equity muscle with these resources uwwashtenaw.org/building-your-equity-muscle.
- Take action with us! Public policy advocacy is one way to shift the policies and institutional practices that keep problems in place. Follow this link to receive future action alerts from us.
- We know that many people do not get involved in the work of racial justice because they do not know where to begin or how to use their voices to promote equity. Please read and challenge yourself to take a few of the actions in this article.
- Did you know we partner with TrustPlus to deliver FREE financial coaching to anyone who lives or works in Washtenaw County? To get started, text the code UNITEDWAY to (646) 349-5959 or follow this link to schedule your appointment today.
- Did you know we partner with SingleCare to provide FREE prescription discounts to anyone who lives or works in Washtenaw County? To learn more follow this link.
- Love numbers and helping others? Then join us as a free tax preparation volunteer! Learn more by following this link.
- Want to volunteer your professional skills virtually? Sign up to be a pro bono project consultant by visiting this link.
- Get the help you need by calling 2-1-1. For more information, go to uwwashtenaw.org/get-help-2-1-1.
We invite you to engage in dialogue about race. Follow this link to learn more about how to start a conversation with friends, at school, at work, and more.
Then, sign up to attend an 8-week R.A.C.E Dialogue series to explore the topic of race with your neighbors and learn from each other’s lived experiences.