About the Varsity Letter in Community Service
The Varsity Letter in Community Service recognizes high school students for their outstanding volunteer work during the year by presenting them with a high school-specific varsity letter in community service. Students participating in the program complete 145 hours of volunteer work from May 1 to April 30. The Labor Participation Committee verifies all hours.
Download the application and instructions. (Must be filled out in black or blue pen.)
The deadline for the application is May 12, 2023.
Benefits for Students
- Promotes community and school involvement
- Opportunity for students to earn a varsity letter
- Scholarship opportunities for seniors
- Enhances college and scholarship applications
- Students can learn more about their community and its needs
- Be a student in grades 9-12 in Washtenaw County
- Complete at least 145 hours of community services between May 1, 2022 and April 30, 2023 (that's only 3 hours per week!)
- At least 50 of the total hours MUST be in non-school related activities
- Have at least one school related volunteer activity
- All volunteer activities must be verifiable
For more information, download the application or contact Rella Bitner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.677.7218.
All 2023 Varsity Letter recipients will receive letter and certificate via mail.