We envision an equitable community where opportunity is not limited and every member reaches their full potential. In all our roles we will consciously work to eliminate injustice and inequity in order to realize a community where:
- Members use their power and privilege to end poverty in our county;
- Your zip code no longer predicts your opportunity in life;
- Achievement gaps between races and ethnicities are eliminated;
- Everyone in our community has safe, comfortable and affordable housing;
- Life expectancy, regardless of race, ethnicity or income level, is the same across all populations and communities;
- Poverty is not intergenerational. If it exists, it is intermittent and brief;
- Everyone is able to thrive and experience a life of joy, purpose and rest.
EQUITY- We pursue greater access to opportunities and resources for all. Our workplace practices, culture, and impact reflect our commitment to justice and fairness.
INCLUSIVENESS- Those we interact with feel valued, respected and supported. We seek out diverse voices and perspectives to inform our work.
COMMUNITY- We advance our mission through collaboration. We share decision making, power, and resources.
VOLUNTEERISM- We value contributions of time and talent. We continuously seek opportunities to engage volunteers in our work.
CARING- We display empathy with those we work with and assume the positive intention of others.
INTEGRITY- In all our actions we will choose to do the right thing even though it may not be the easiest thing.
Equity Vision and Statement
Our agenda for change is rooted in equity and develops strategic initiatives that will help everyone in our community thrive. Our strategic plan pushes us to create and catalyze deeper community partnership, adopt community-centric fundraising principles and to always center people first.