United Way’s Mobile Financial Resource Team can help!
Our Mobile Financial Resource Team can provide technical assistance to agencies looking incorporate financial stability into their existing work. Our team can help train staff and assistance in program design.
We can also serve your clients directly with our:
- Free 1-on-1 Financial Coaching & Resource Navigation-- our trained financial coach provides financial education to help individuals get back on their feet, and stay there. Financial coaching is designed to help individuals achieve financial milestones, such as improving their credit score, net worth and/or net income, and becoming debt free. To ensure that you get, and stay, on track, we can also help you access local social services for which you are eligible, like food assistance, utility assistance and healthcare coverage.
- Free Financial Empowerment Workshops-- using the FDIC Money Smart curriculum our workshops can teach individuals of all ages about financial stability. Workshops are group- based, with “hands on” modules that cover a range of topics from basic budgeting to credit repair help. Why? Because the more individuals know about credit and banking services, the more likely they are to make informed financial decisions. - Our services are mobile. You will find us at your local community center and at social service agencies across Washtenaw County.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program utilizes a team of dedicated and professional volunteers to provide FREE tax preparation. Volunteer tax preparers work one-one-one with individuals and families to navigate tax returns, offer financial tips and seek out all available tax credits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
- Free At Home Tax Filing Support- File your taxes for free in the convenience of your own home using MyFreeTaxes.com. Sponsored by United Way and powered by H&R Block, MyFreetaxes.com allows individuals or couples filing jointly who make up $62,000 a year to file their taxes on-line for free. If you still have questions call 1-855-MY-TX-HELP (1-855-698-9435).
Financial Stability Grant Fund
Overview: A component of United Way’s Financial Stability Initiative, these grants provide one-time support for programs, projects or initiatives that prioritize the following Washtenaw County populations: women, low-income individuals and families; communities of color; historically marginalized groups. Funding is open to both new/pilot or existing programs, projects or initiatives.
Funded programs, projects or initiatives must align with one or more of the following goals of United Way’s Financial Stability Initiative:
- Advance the economic well-being of low-income working individuals and families.