United Way of Washtenaw County (UWWC) recognizes that the strength and vitality of an entire community is tied to just and equitable access to resources and opportunities. We recognize structural racism and other forms of oppression have contributed to persistent disparities which we seek to dismantle. In all our roles we will consciously work to eliminate injustice and inequity in order to realize a community where:
- Members use their power and privilege to end poverty in our county
- Your zip code no longer predicts your opportunity in life;
- Academic opportunity and achievement gaps between races and ethnicities are eliminated;
- Everyone in our community has safe, comfortable and affordable housing;
- Life expectancy, regardless of race, ethnicity or income level, is the same across all populations and communities;
- Poverty is not intergenerational. If it exists, it is intermittent and brief;
- Everyone is able to thrive and experience a life of joy, purpose and rest.