We are #unitedforequity. Join us. Thank you for your participation in the 21-Day Equity Challenge: 2023 Edition, which ran from January 9th - 29th, 2023.
Equity Challenge Next Steps:
Now that the latest Equity Challenge has come to a close, don't forget to to take action! Here are some ways to promote Equity in Washtenaw County:
About the 21-Day Equity Challenge
- Free and open to everyone
- You (along with thousands of others in Washtenaw County) commit to deepening your understanding of and willingness to confront racism for 21 consecutive days.
- During every morning of the Challenge, you'll receive an email "prompt" with readings, videos, and/or podcasts. You are encouraged to take about 10-15 minutes each day with the material.
- Explore this work on your own, with friends and family, or organization-wide.
- Share your reflections and “a ha” moments using the hashtag #unitedforequity and #uwwcequitychallenge. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Download our Group Discussion Guide to help you reflect and dialogue with others.
- Download our Activity Tracking Log to keep yourself accountable.
- Use our Communications Toolkit to promote the Challenge.
- Visit the Content Catalogue to see previous days of the Challenge.
- Sign on as a Community Partner-- this means that you commit to promoting the Challenge among your networks and helps us understand who the businesses, organizations and groups are that support the Challenge.
- Become a Sponsor. We aspire to reframe the end of the Challenge not as a period, but as an ellipsis, offering participants post-Challenge opportunities for shared accountability and action planning. Your support will help us realize this goal.
Previous Equity Challenges
- Disability Justice Challenge (Summer 2022)
21-Day Equity Challenge: 2021 Catalogue (Summer 2021)
21-Day Equity Challenge: Michigan Edition (Winter 2020)
Five-Day Equity Challenge: COVID-19 Edition (Spring 2020)
Thank You to Our Sponsors